LAST UPDATED ON: December 20, 2019
Concept Interactive Inc., the provider of SchoolBundle, is committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of customer information. We believe the personal information of our service customers and users, and especially of students, is private, and we treat it confidentially. We have developed this privacy statement for our SchoolBundle products and services because we believe it is important for you to understand how we treat information you provide to us, or that we collect or maintain on your behalf.
In General, for our SchoolBundle solutions:
- We will not ask for or collect personal information unless necessary to deliver our service or respond to a request;
- We will not use or share personal information with anyone except to deliver our services, comply with the law, protect our rights or the safety of our users, or as otherwise directed by our customers and users;
- We do not sell, trade, lease or loan student personal information to any third party for any reason, including for marketing or advertising; and
- We use industry standard measures to help protect personal information against unauthorized access and use.
This Privacy Statement is divided into three separate and distinct privacy statements for our SchoolBundle solutions:
- Our Website Visitor Privacy Statement covers only those individuals visiting our marketing website www.schoolbundle.ca;
- Our School Platform & Services Privacy Statement applies to our educational agency and institution customers who have contracted with or otherwise agreed to license our products and services, and indirectly to users of those services about whom we collect or maintain personal information on our customer’s behalf.
We collect, maintain and use personal information in compliance with applicable laws, including in the United States the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and in Canada the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as required.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our practices for handling personal information, please contact us as follows:
7th Floor, 22 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON Canada, N2H 6M6
Website Visitor Privacy Statement
In general, you can visit our SchoolBundle website and learn about SchoolBundle solutions without identifying or revealing any information about yourself. If you would like us to contact you to provide additional company or product information, you may choose to provide us with your personal information, including your name, telephone number and email address. We use this information only to correspond with you regarding your inquiry and our company/products unless you further authorize us to use the information for additional purposes.
We do not sell, trade, lease or loan the personal information we collect from our marketing website visitors to any third parties. Some of the information is maintained by data tools hosted by third party service providers, who do not have access to the information due to legal agreements and technology controls. We do not disclose any personal information about you, except as required or permitted by law. We do not send any unsolicited communications based on personal information we collect.
We maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access.
We reserve the right at our discretion to modify this Website Visitor Privacy Statement from time to time, and so you should review this Statement periodically. We will note any changes by updating the publication date of this Website Visitor Privacy Statement. In some cases, when required by law, we may ask you to agree to changes before they go into effect. Unless otherwise noted, any changes to this Website Visitor Privacy Statement will be effective when posted. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of any changes to the Website Visitor Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance to those changes.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or"session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
Tracking and Performance.
Cookies that are used by tracking or performance tools, such as Google Analytics or live chat.
Targeting and Advertising.
Cookies that are used by advertising services, such as Google Ads or any remarketing service.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service,deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies on the following third-party websites:
NetworkAdvertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Platform & Services Privacy Statement
- PRIVACY RIGHTS.All businesses in Canada engaged in commercial activities, including Concept, are required to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA, or the “Act”) and the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which it incorporates. The Act gives all individuals, including Service Users, rights concerning the privacy of their personal information. Personal information is any information that personally identifies an individual or from which an individual could be identified. This may include the individual’s name, address, telephone number, email address, profession or occupation, or other personally identifiable information.
- PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.Concept collects personal information only by lawful means and not in an intrusive way, primarily directly from the Service User through the Service User’s access and use of the Services, including Concept’s products, services, websites, platforms, portals, communication services, mobile services, databases and applications, but also through submission of online data and conversations or communications between the Customer or a Service User with a Concept representative. Concept collects, holds, stores, uses and manages personal information for the following purposes:
(a) to manage the relationship of the Customer with Concept and the interaction of the Customer and Service Users with Concept;
(b) to better serve the Customer and Service Users in their use of the Services;
(c) to provide products, services and maintenance and support to the Customer and Service Users;
(d) to inform the Customer and Service Users of new products and services;
(e) to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
(f) to improve and develop products, services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
(g) to assess and improve the performance and operation of Concept websites, platforms and portals;
(h) to process and respond to information requests or complaints made by the Customer or Service Users;
(i) to respond to product or service orders, activations, and registrations by the Customer or Service Users;
(j) to permit profile creation and user verification for online services for the Customer and Service Users; and
(k) to manage visits or browsing by the Customer or Service Users on Concept’s websites, platforms, or portals.
- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED.Concept may collect, hold, store, use and manage the following types of personal information about Service Users:
(a) personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), profession or occupation;
(b) in some cases, a Service User’s business contact information may be provided to Concept by a designated entity within the Service User’s business or enterprise (such as a member of the IT department) or by the Customer under which the Service User has obtained or gained access to or use of the Services;
(c) financial information, such as a Service User’s credit card or debit card details or other billing information;
(d) other unique information such as user IDs and passwords of a Service User, product functionality, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data;
(e) geo-location data such as a Service User’s IP address or physical location when location based services are requested;
(f) details of the products and Services a Service User has used or enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and Services and to respond to enquiries; and
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.Concept will not share, sell, rent or lease a Service User’s personal information to other non-Concept parties without such Service User’s permission or the Customer’s permission, as the case may be, which may be in writing, oral or in some cases implied through the Service User’s conduct with Concept, except as follows:
(a) to comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
(b) to respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities;
(c) to report any activity that it suspects violates any applicable laws to appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties;
(e) to enforce and/or protect the rights and properties of Concept, its subsidiaries and affiliates;
(f) to protect the rights or personal safety of Concept, its employees, and third parties on or using Concept property when allowed and in line with the requirements of applicable law;
(g) where Concept deems it necessary in relation to providing the Services to or for the Service User; and
(h) to service providers and suppliers retained by Concept to manage or support its business operations, provide professional services, deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist Concept with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers may be located anywhere in the world and may include, for example, providers of customer support and live-help, marketing and communications, hosting and IT service providers, email service providers, automated data processors, shipping agents, management and support of Concept websites, platforms or portals, and order fulfillment and delivery. Such service providers and suppliers are required by contract to keep confidential and secure the information received on behalf of Concept and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Concept.
Concept may for strategic or other business reasons decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize some or all of its business. Such transactions may necessarily involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of personal information from sellers. Concept will seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
- ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.Concept strives to keep a Service User’s personal information accurately recorded. Concept has implemented technology, management processes and policies to help maintain data accuracy. Concept provides Service Users with reasonable access and ability to review personal information provided to Concept. To protect a Service User’s privacy and security, Concept will also take reasonable steps to verify identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to such Service User’s data. To view and change the personal information provided to Concept in relation to a Service User, the Service User must deal directly with the Customer through whom the personal information was provided. Where such personal information has been archived because it is no longer current, or where such personal information has already been deleted by Concept, Concept may refuse to take any further steps in relation to such personal information. Access to such information may also be denied where denial of access is required or authorized by applicable law, where the granting of access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where Concept deems the request frivolous or vexatious, or where Concept is protecting its own rights and property.
- KEEPING SERVICE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE.Concept takes seriously the trust the Customer places in Concept. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of personal information, Concept utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information collected and processed. Concept retains personal information only as required or permitted by Canadian law and while Concept has a legitimate business purpose. When collecting or transferring sensitive personal information of Service Users, such as credit card information, Concept uses a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect such personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal information provided to Concept is stored on computer systems located in controlled Microsoft facilities to which there is limited access, but over which Concept has no control. Such facilities may or may not be in Canada. When Concept transmits highly confidential information (such as credit card numbers or passwords) over the internet, such information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Questions and Concerns
If you are the administrator of an educational agency/institution customer account and have any questions about this statement or if you believe we are not handling your information in accordance with our privacy statement, please contact us per the information below.
If you are otherwise a user of one of our school services, we encourage you to first contact your educational agency/institution with any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement or our handling of personal information.
7th Floor, 22 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON Canada, N2H 6M6
7th Floor, 22 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON Canada, N2H 6M6